Backlinks are one of the most important factors for your website to rank in search engines after content. So what are backlinks, how to check backlinks, and create them? This article will discuss almost everything related to backlinks and how to check them from time to time. Backlinks are links from a page on one website to another. From the receiving end, these are often referred to as incoming links or inbound links. And from the linking side, they’re called external, outgoing, or outbound links. Take your pick.
And there are three reasons why they’re important. First, it’s a factor that helps Google and other search engines determine which pages should rank the highest for a given query. Second, links to your website can send you more visitors through referral traffic. And third, backlinks can help search engines discover your pages faster.
Now, the easiest way to conceptualize backlinks is to think of them as votes. When a page receives a backlink, it’s essentially another website vouching for the content on the page. And the more “votes” you get from credible sources, the higher the trust. Backlinks are of two kinds, i.e., Do-follow backlinks and No-follow backlinks.
A No-follow link is from a website that happens to be savvy about their SEO. They tell Google not to track that link as a backlink in the backend and the HTML code. That is someone who doesn’t want to pass any link juice to you, as the backlink’s acquirer. On the other hand, a do-follow link is a link that does pass some SEO juice to you as the backlink acquirer.
There is a major distinction to be had between-follow and no-follow. When you are going after backlinks, you do want the do-follow backlinks. So checking backlinks and their sources are very essential as they have a high impact on your rankings. Also, check the DA, PA, and spam score of the website you want to create backlinks. Sites are graded on a scale of 0 to 17, with 0 being the simplest (most trustworthy) and 17 being the worst (least trustworthy) during this day and age.
It isn’t just a case of webmasters and business owners keeping an eye fixed on their own websites’ Spam Score and leaving it at that. There are several free and paid tools to check your backlinks and their category. Some are:Moz
- It’s quite easy to get do-follow backlinks from bloggers around the world if you approach them properly. For that, go to google and search your niche with Blogspot or blog; for example, search mobile. Blogspot if your niche is about mobile phones. You can read any relevant post in their blog, and in the comment blog, you can add a comment with your blog address. If they approve, then you can get a do-follow backlink.
- You can join the Facebook community as per your niche and contribute to it. Don’t start adding your site right away, or the admin will throw you out or mark you as spam, so contribute towards the subjects and then slowly and steadily promote your blog through sharing. Never post your blog address unnecessarily in FB cause it has an astringent rule for spam, and once a website is marked as spam, it’s tough to revert their decision.
- There are several sites or blogs which accept guest blogging, so go for guest blogging, and you can leave your site address over there.
- The fourth one is to join Pinterest. You can join many groups and create your own wall and pin your subject to create backlinks to your site.
- Join medium.com, and you can add stories over there but don’t start sharing your links right away. For fast 2-3 days, write one to two articles daily and don’t share any link. After that, you can share the links with the relevant articles and keep in mind that s you won’t be sharing more than one or two links daily.
- You can open an Instagram account and share your thoughts over there and gain followers, but Instagram actually doesn’t allow you to share the links on posts until you have 10,000 followers. So there, so grow your network. It will also help you share photos, and in photos, you can add blog links but be careful don’t make it a habit; otherwise, Insta may block you.