How to change Twitter username on phone, is a small question that is answered below.
Here’s how you can change your Twitter username using the Twitter mobile app:
- Open the Twitter App: Launch the Twitter app on your phone and make sure you’re logged into the account for which you want to change the username.
- Access Your Profile: Tap on your profile picture or the “Me” icon, usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen. This will take you to your profile page.
- Edit Profile: On your profile page, you should see an “Edit profile” button. Tap on it.
- Change Username: In the “Edit profile” section, you should see a field for your username. Tap on it to edit it.
- Choose a New Username: Enter your desired new username. Keep in mind that usernames on Twitter must be unique, so if the username is already taken by someone else, you’ll need to choose a different one.
- Save Changes: Once you’ve entered the new username, look for a “Save” or “Done” button (this might vary depending on app updates). Tap that button to save your changes.
- Confirmation: Twitter may ask you to confirm the change. If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your new username.
Please note that the steps might have changed if there have been updates to the Twitter app since my last update. If you’re unable to find these options, it’s a good idea to refer to the official Twitter support or documentation for the most up-to-date instructions.
When you change your Twitter username, your followers, tweets, and other account details remain the same. Others who have stored your prior username may no longer be able to find you using it. Notifying your followers of the change and properly amending any references or links to your profile are wise measures.
Twitter does not indicate how many times you can change your username. To maintain a consistent online presence and avoid confusion among your followers, it is generally advisable not to change your username too frequently. Remember that changing your username may also affect any third-party services or apps that are linked to your Twitter account.