In this post, we will look into how to recover deleted Snapchat messages easily on Android and iPhone.
Snapchat is a popular video-sharing app that allows you to take photos, add text, record videos, and share them with your friends and loved ones for a few seconds. And here’s how to recover deleted Snapchat messages. This is the most unique and amazing feature of this video sharing app, in which the photos you send or receive are only displayed for 10 seconds before being permanently deleted. It also allows you to chat with your friends in the same way that Facebook Messenger does.
You can only communicate with your friends through photos, which they can see for a few seconds before disappearing forever, leaving no trace on any of your phones. Recently, the app received some new updates that included unique and interesting features for its users, such as Discover Messages. Because you can’t get your messages back after the timer expires, Snapchat has become extremely popular among millions of users. But, how accurate is this? Is it possible to recover deleted Snapchat messages?
Is it, however, possible to recover photos and videos after they have been deleted? If it’s even possible! Here are several methods for recovering Snapchat photos or videos, so that even if the data has been deleted, you can still recover it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to recovering old Snapchat messages quickly and easily.
What is Snapchat
Snapchat is the quickest way to share joyous occasions with your friends. Snapchat has a unique feature that allows you to control how long your friends can see your messages. To do so, set the timer to ten seconds and send it to whoever you want. Snapchat is a simple app, and the most recent version 184.108.40.206 is now available for Android users.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
Snapchat is a popular app for taking photos and videos and sharing them with your friends. This application allows you to send photos so that the recipient can view them for a set amount of time before permanently deleting them. Although Snapchat messages are deleted from the app, they are never deleted from your phone. Here are two methods for retrieving or restoring deleted Snapchat data or messages. Examine it out!
Method 1: Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
Even if you delete a Snapchat message, it is saved in your device’s memory with a.no media extension. Because of the nature of this extension, all other applications should disregard it. In short, it appears that the photos and videos no longer exist because they have been deleted. They are, however, still on your phone. It is simple to regain access to these files.
Step 1: File Manager
- If you want to recover Snapchat messages from your phone, you need to rename the files so that you can remove the .nomedia extension.
- This can be done using a file manager app. You can find the best File Manager apps on the Google Play Store, or you can download an APK from the Internet.
- If you are using an Apple device, you will need to jailbreak your phone and find the right file manager app.
- Some of the best file manager apps are Astro File Managers, OI file manager and File Expert.
Step 2 – Renaming the file
Browse files with ‘.nomedia’ extension on your device. All kinds of applications simply ignore this type of file, which makes the data invisible. These will be all of your Snapchat messages.
Select each and every message and rename them to remove the extension.
This should allow other apps to index and display the thumbnails so you can see them again.
Just dig it up so you can find the deleted data and recover Snapchat photos.
Method 2: Using the Dumpster app
The Trash Bin is an app from the Google Play Store that works like the recycle bin on your Android phone. Dumpster offers you the ability to recover deleted content from your Android device which includes images, vids, audio, pdf, zip, mp3, mp4, ppt, doc, avi, mpg, jpg, rar and all common file types. There is no need to root your device and even no internet connection is required! This is the best app that is capable of recovering your deleted data on your Snapchat.
Initially, install the Dumpster app on your Android mobile device.
Then open Snapchat photos or videos.
Now, you need to go to the Dumpster app where you can find instant photos or videos.
Just turn on the Dumpster app so that you can find the Snapchat videos or photos in Dumpster.
Note: This method only works if you haven’t opened Snapchat photos or videos before.
How to recover Snapchat data on iOS?
To recover Snapchat messages from an Apple product like iPhone or iPad, use the FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery app. This app can help you recover deleted data from your iPhone or iPad.
You can use this app to recover data from various apps. In this tutorial, we will use to recover Snapchat data from iPhones.
Steps to follow recover deleted Snapchat Messages from the iOS devices:
- Download and install the FoneLab tool on your Windows PC or Mac
- Connect the iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) to your computer with a USB cable
- Once the phone enters the recovery mode from the iOS device, the Start Scan button appears on your device.
- Press the “Start Scan” button to start scanning.
- Once the scanning process is complete, select the menu section that you want to recover data from. In this case, select “Snapchat Messages”.
- Now select all the deleted messages that you want to recover and click the recover button to recover the deleted information.
- Select the destination folder and wait until the Snapchat messages are recovered.
- How to recover Snapchat messages on Android?
- FoneLab also makes a data recovery tool for Android devices. We can easily use the FoneLab tool to recover Snapchat messages from Android devices.
Follow these easy steps to recover deleted Snapchat Messages on Android:
- Download and install FoneLab Android Data Recovery Tool for Windows PC or Mac
- Go to your phone settings and enable USB debugging mode on your Andoird device.
- Then using a USB cable, connect your Android phone to the computer.
- The FoneLab program will detect your Android device.
- Go to the Android Data Recovery tab and select “Contacts and Messages”
- Your phone will be rooted once you select the option
- You will then see the deleted messages.
- Select the required deleted messages and click the Recover button
- Your messages will be recovered.