Want to buy a refurbished phone or are not sure if your iPhone is under warranty or not and want to know how old is my iPhone then here are some easy processes.
Find out the serial number
- Finding out the serial number in your iPhone is easy. Sometimes it is printed on the backside of your phone or on the phone box.
- If it is not printed on the phone back and you have lost your phone box. Then don’t worry there are other ways of finding the serial number.
- In many iPhone models, the serial number is printed on the sim card tray.
- Or else you can find the serial number inside your phone.
- Open the settings in your phone and then go to general. then select ‘About’.
- Here you will find both serial number and IMEI number.
Check from the official Apple website
You can check from the official Apple website that how old is your iPhone. To check open the browser on your Pc or mobile and then visit the official website of Apple device warranty check.
From above said method note down your serial number inside your device.
In the serial number box enter the serial number and then solve a Captcha.
Then hit the Submit button and Apple will show you details like Valid Purchase Date, Telephone Technical Support, and Repairs and Service Coverage.
You can also set up a repair from there.
So if you want to buy a refurbished iPhone from eBay or an old phone from your friend or relatives then you should check its details. On the official website of Apple, it sometimes does not show the exact details but here you can see almost all details of all iPhone models.
Note down your serial number or IMEI number from the above-explained steps.
Now open the iUnichecker website from your mobile or PC browser.
Enter the serial number or IMEI number and hit the enter button.
It will show all the details like the first activation date, warranty expiry date, iPhone details.
The next way is Chimpmunk where you can get your iPhone details. Open the Chipmunk website and enter your iPhone serial number.
It will take a few seconds and will give you all details like Machine Model, Family name, CPU speed, screen resolution, and other manufacturing-related details.
Other iPhone posts you may want to read